SQLit

Default Amana and Maytag HVAC

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:Sfh6c.35446$po.316954@attbi_s52...
I'm replacing a central A/C and furnace. One local contractor installs
Amana or Maytag equipment. I think Amana is owned by Goodman, and the
Maytag brand for HVAC is owned by Nordyne. Any opinions on these two
brands, informed or otherwise? I have heard that the quality of
installation is more important than the brands but I want to get some
feedback on the brands anyway. We'll be going with 92% efficient variable
speed on the furnace, not sure of the specs on the A/C yet. Thanks!

Amana is indeed owned by Goodman.
Buy the highest seer that you can. My old home, I put in an American
Standard made by Trane. I had a vfd on the air handler which gave me better
humidity control.

Sorry I do not know a thing about the Nordyne.

Buy a scroll compressor if you can. Ask about the noise from the condenser
unless it is in an area that you will never hear it.