Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lead acid battery charger (or alternator) switching to trickle with load present?

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Which would require cooperation between every maker in every country.
Just the thing all the Farages and Trumps of this world are dead against.
How dare anyone tell us how we should do things. And so on.

We manage to agree on the standards of petrol that cars have to be able
to run on now.

Really? Remember the Nikasil problems?

We manage to impose (although not police) emissions
standards. Standards are not the same in every country, but someone
supplying from outside has to meet the standards in force in the UK.

If the UK went it alone with this idea it would simply make its products
even more uncompetitive.

There is nothing wrong with countries co-operating on standards - only
in having them imposed externally.

Not much point in having a world standard if everyone is free to ignore it.

--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.