Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flourescent tubes

On 11/07/2019 20:06, Dave W wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:12:49 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Probably. The starter thinks its not struck so its probably not really
working very well, assuming of course its the right starter in the first
place.
This may sound daft, but simply swap it for another tube if its a double
and if the other one shows the problem its proved.
I even used to get a couple of months out of one by simply turning it
around. No idea why.
Brian

Once upon a time there were a range of starters to suit a range of
tubes, but manufacturers have cut costs and make only starters that
are meant to work for all tubes. The trouble is, they don't.

I like the electronic ones in the transparent green casings. They start
tubes faster and with less flicker and do a good job of starting aged
tubes that don't really want to start.

SteveW