Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Full wave voltage reading

Raving Lunatic Thornton puke more bull****

When I looked into this decades ago, digital meters typical read the peak & reported 71% of that.

** Nope - non RMS multimeters do just what analogue multimeters do and scale the average value of the rectified AC wave.

I just tried two '80s 3.5 digit DDMs and found they read 125mV on a wave that was 300mV peak. The wave was 50Hz with a few harmonics, the current draw of a small amplifier.

Ah yes, the sample of 2 proves how the rest of the universe is.

** With absolutely no evidence to the contrary, it is well good enough to cast very great doubt on an unsupported and improbable assertion for a known lying idiot.

....... Phil