Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Anybody ever painted a phone?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 17:46:00 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 7/7/19 4:11 PM, whit3rd wrote:
Does your telephone exchange still accept dial phone input?

AT&T was going to charge extra for DTMF dialing.
The FCC stepped in.
They made a deal with the devil. (AT&T)
You can charge for DTMF, BUT....You will continue to accept
pulse dialing forever.
MagicJack won't accept pulse dialing, however, AT&T does as
well as my Asterisk PBX.
Which is great, I have an original Stromberg Carlson candle
stick phone with a rotary dial. It works "just fine."

U-Verse voice, cable internet gateways, Magic Jack, and VoIP adapters
will NOT work with a rotary dial phone. However, there are dial pulse
to DTMF adapters available for about $40:
https://www.voip-info.org/dial-pulse-to-touchtone-dtmf-converters/

My previous Comcast cable box worked on pulse. Newer one doesn't.

Greg