Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Seeking higher security Sliding Doors

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 07:45:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

hi, for those of you who said you have shatter/storm/burglar resistant sliding doors, who makes them and what model?
I do actually use a metal security rod that fastens in place (version of the broom handle) ... but I dont know if that completely addresses the issue of thieves lifting the door out of the track

Thanks

get out your pinchbar and give it a try. If you can lift it a thief
can. If you can't there's a pretty good chance a thief can't either.