Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary[_14_] Gary[_14_] is offline

Default Seeking higher security Sliding Doors

wrote:

Hi, I need to replace a sliding glass door on the back of my house. I know sliding doors can be lifted out of the track by a burglar. Are there any makes/models of sliding glass doors that offer higher security ? Thanks

A simple 1" X 1" stick of wood or a broom handle that will fit in
the track where the door slides. Cut to 1/4" less so you can
insert it or remove it easily.

For extra security at night, leave an *inside* light on at night
near that door. No burglar wants to stand on your porch trying to
break in when they are highlighted like that. I leave my kitchen
light (just one bulb) on all night every night just for that
reason plus it provides faint night light for the rest of the
place. The minimal electricity used is very insignificant.