Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default My 64 bit Mesh machine switches off after about 10 sec.

On 08/07/2019 20:01, GB wrote:
On 08/07/2019 19:57, Richardmerri wrote:
On Monday, 8 July 2019 17:47:43 UTC+1, The Natural PhilosopherÂ* wrote:
On 08/07/2019 15:39, Richardmerri wrote:
Hello all.Â* Can anyone help? My 64 bit Mesh machine (mesh computer
nero 9950hd) switches off about 10 sec. after switching on. Can
anyone suggest a way forward to identify the cause of this
problem...Â* Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard.

At a guess it is so loaded up with gaming hardware the PSU cant cope

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Grateful thanks to everyone...Â* I had to be away for awhile but now I
can respond to all the points mentioned...Â* Both CPU and Case fans are
running okay, there was some, but not much, dust in the CPU heatsink
but all that has been cleaned when removing the processor.Â* The
motherboard appears to be physically 'sound' with no blown caps. I
have run the machine with minimum load on the PSU and with covers
removed but still the same delinquent behaviour... The actual delay is
circa 12/16 seconds.Â* I had a similar problem about six years ago when
the machine simply shut down without warning after one to four hours
and the solution at that time was to replace the PSU.Â* So my strategy
now is to obtain a known good PSU as GB suggests so I'll replace the
500W version with a 600W new from eBay??Â* I will keep everyone apprised.

Get a decent PSU.

That will be more than the computer is worth. It's 10 years old,
so unless it has a Firewire port which is used for something I
would get a newer one.

A 500watt PS should be plenty powerful enough for most purposes.

If you must get a new P/S, go for one with a higher efficiency
rating, described as "80+" gold/white/bronze etc

Thanks again and kindest to regards all... Richard.