Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Replacing washers on monoblock mixer tap

On 08/07/2019 18:44, Ruppsy56 wrote:
replying to Dave Farrance, Ruppsy56 wrote:
Hi Dave, I am not a plumber. Could you tell me how to fix the dripping
on this
unit or at least, how a professional is likely to go about that?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/i6

Unnscrew or prise off tap tops, remove tap head knobs, kill all water
hot and cold, remove tap head units , see whats awry and re washer
and/or recut the seats.

First of all discover that the gate valves have seized up solid,
so spend many frustrating hours trying to sort that out before
saying 'sod it', and just using the time while the header tank
is drained to fix all the leaking taps.

leave the sodding gate valves as they are (unless you have half
done the job, so have no option but to sweat on).

OIr given the likely cost of replacements, it it's easier replace the
whole damned unit