Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jack98 Jack98 is offline

Default New filling hose required?

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 09/07/2019 23:24, Jack98 wrote:

I must say that looking through specs and reviews of washing machines is
quite possibly the most mind-numbing and madness-inducing activity I've
experienced recently. Too much information!

And isnt much use when deciding how well it washes the worst of the
clothes.

I'll bet in most households no more than 3 settings will be used.

Sure, but it isnt necessarily the same 3 in all households
and with modern electronic controls it doesnt cost
anything to have more than 3/5

In my household its either short or long wash at 30C or an occasional wash
of (towels) at the highest temperature.

In mine its just one now, but its possible it might be
more than one in the future.

You many pay £100s more for functions that are never used

That isnt the case anymore.

or for those that work no better than the basic functions.

And neither is that.

All machines will give timed washes at user selected temperatures.

Not all, some of the older ones dont.