Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Pressure Regulators

Bob La Londe wrote on 7/9/2019 10:07 PM:
I seem to have the darnedest time with air pressure regulators.
Particularly at the compressor.* I have my compressor set at 155PSI
and the regular set at 125 (I have a machine that requires 125).* I
know that isn't much spread, but its the compressor I could afford at
the time.* I quit using 20-30 dollar cheap regulators some time ago,
but my last two were name brands running within their range.* Coil
Hose Pneumatic was the previous one and the one that just failed was
an Ingersol Rand.* I think before that I had a Parker on it.* I can't
get a year out of them.* If Harbor Freight had a 1/2" that wasn't an
all in one I'd start buying those and just keep spares on the shelf.*
No my regulators are not getting shaken apart by the compressor
either.* They get mounted to my air dryer with a filter separator in
front of it and the refrigeration dryer after.* The filter separator
is connected to the compressor with a flexible line.

Seems like the $75-80 dollar name brands don't last any better than
the $30 cheaper ones.

I just bought a regulator from McMaster Carr, but it won't get here
until Thursday.* This evening or in the morning I guess I make a trip
to some local hardware store to get a regulator to get up and running
so I'm not sitting idle for two days.* All my CNC mills require air
for something these days.* Tool change, air brake, air seal, etc...

I forgot to mention I am also a proud owner/operator of all glory hole
booths in Taft, California. Please cum visit. Ask for Mark Wieber on the
street. Every man knows me.