Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Seeking higher security Sliding Doors

wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 15:59:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi, I need to replace a sliding glass door on the back of my house. I know
sliding doors can be lifted out of the track by a burglar. Are there any
makes/models of sliding glass doors that offer higher security ? Thanks

My Andersen 400s have a cleat inside that needs to be removed to tilt
the door and get it off the track. The top rail barely clears the
door.
There is an after market fix tho. You cut a strip of wood or trex that
fills the gap between the door and the top of the top rail. You have
to open the door to remove the strip and the door will not lift off
the track with it in place.

And mine has a bloody great 1/2" dam post that the lock grabs which
goes into the sliding pane frame when you close and lock the door so
it isnt possible to raise that side of the door when its locked.