Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default New filling hose required?

On 09/07/2019 19:02, Jeff Layman wrote:
I am about to get a replacement washing machine and noticed in one
manual that it statesĀ* the old filling hose should never be reused when
the machine is installed. I can see that it /might/ be better to replace
it, (or at least replace the rubber washer where it screws onto the
washing machine inlet) but if it is not leaking why is it essential to
replace it?

I must say that looking through specs and reviews of washing machines is
quite possibly the most mind-numbing and madness-inducing activity I've
experienced recently. Too much information!

I have never replaced the hose....got a new machine a few weeks ago..