Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richardmerri[_4_] Richardmerri[_4_] is offline

Default My 64 bit Mesh machine switches off after about 10 sec.

On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 12:12:39 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 09/07/2019 11:45, GB wrote:
What have you got loaded into the machine that makes you think you need
a 600w PSU?

In general serious gaming video cards are power eaters

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...n,5805-10.html

that peaks at nearly 400W!

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Oh Dear... The case has changed!! The switch off delay has today changed to just 3 seconds after switch on! And, I have obtained a PSU which is now in the machine but THE SYMPTOMS ARE THE SAME :-( So, it appears that the mobo is sending a 'shut down' signal to the PSU almost immediately (3s) after switch on, I suspect that some (small?) component on the mobo has failed but it is nigh on impossible to identify which component. I have used a large magnifier to inspect every component on the mobo but to no avail, nothing looks untoward! So it is looking like a new mobo or new machine here.

Richard.