Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pre-Pay service electronic keys?

tim... wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

currently paying
Unit rate 12.115p per kWh
Standing charge 11.024p per day
but fix comes to an end in August.

more to the point
the opportunity to fix at that prices ended last August

Nobody has been cheaper (for me) than UtilityPoint for the past year,
they are now offering a 15 month fix with £60 combined cancellation fees

Unit rate 13.74p per kWh
Standing charge 13.87p per day

or an 18 month fix with no cancellation fees (their default)

Unit rate 13.97p per kWh
Standing charge 13.87p per day

For the extra fiver, I'll probably drop onto the default tariff and see
if anything cheaper comes along ... e.on seems to be edging closer
recently (disregarding outfox as I'd never trust them).