Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default My 64 bit Mesh machine switches off after about 10 sec.

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 00:09:23 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On 08/07/2019 22:17, PeterC wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 11:57:52 -0700 (PDT), Richardmerri wrote:

On Monday, 8 July 2019 17:47:43 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/07/2019 15:39, Richardmerri wrote:
Hello all. Can anyone help? My 64 bit Mesh machine (mesh computer nero 9950hd) switches off about 10 sec. after switching on. Can anyone suggest a way forward to identify the cause of this problem... Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard.

At a guess it is so loaded up with gaming hardware the PSU cant cope

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Grateful thanks to everyone... I had to be away for awhile but now I can respond to all the points mentioned... Both CPU and Case fans are running okay, there was some, but not much, dust in the CPU heatsink but all that has been cleaned when removing the processor. The motherboard appears to be physically 'sound' with no blown caps. I have run the machine with minimum load on the PSU and with covers removed but still the same delinquent behaviour... The actual delay is circa 12/16 seconds. I had a similar problem about six years ago when the machine simply shut down without warning after one to four hours and the solution at that time was to replace the PSU. So my strategy now is to obtain a known good PSU as GB suggests so I'll replace the 500W version with a 600W new from eBay?? I will keep everyone apprised.

Thanks again and kindest to regards all... Richard.

I had a PC that shut down about 6s after start - it was the 'Turbo' button
permanently made, so the PSU was shut down after the set time for power-down
on pressing that button or tha Start button. I just isolated it as I never
used it.

Recently I have had the power button sticking down, so the machine turns
on, but soon trys to reset and can't move on from there.

SteveW

WD40!
--
Peter.