Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My 64 bit Mesh machine switches off after about 10 sec.

On 08/07/2019 19:57, Richardmerri wrote:
On Monday, 8 July 2019 17:47:43 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 08/07/2019 15:39, Richardmerri wrote:
Hello all. Can anyone help? My 64 bit Mesh machine (mesh
computer nero 9950hd) switches off about 10 sec. after switching
on. Can anyone suggest a way forward to identify the cause of
this problem... Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard.

At a guess it is so loaded up with gaming hardware the PSU cant
cope

-- "A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for
insight and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Grateful thanks to everyone... I had to be away for awhile but now I
can respond to all the points mentioned... Both CPU and Case fans
are running okay, there was some, but not much, dust in the CPU
heatsink but all that has been cleaned when removing the processor.
The motherboard appears to be physically 'sound' with no blown caps.
I have run the machine with minimum load on the PSU and with covers
removed but still the same delinquent behaviour... The actual delay
is circa 12/16 seconds. I had a similar problem about six years ago
when the machine simply shut down without warning after one to four
hours and the solution at that time was to replace the PSU. So my
strategy now is to obtain a known good PSU as GB suggests so I'll
replace the 500W version with a 600W new from eBay?? I will keep
everyone apprised.

Thanks again and kindest to regards all... Richard.

I think that is a reaopsnable way to proceed.

PSUs will shuit down on overcurrent or overtemperature and the way they
measure both is via components that can age.

If it still shows this behavior after a new PSU is installed ny guess
would ne that smomethhing is loading it up, and here its a question of
unplugging peripherals and any boards until the pronblem goes away or if
it doesn't, new motherbaord time

Really doing a binary chop on the hardware is the simplest way to id a
device thats sucking power. Removing teh disks for example should result
in a machine that boots to te bios. If it stays up, try adding disks
back one by one - you get the idea.

A wet afternoon and plenty of coffee is helpful

Mark Twain