Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Pre-Pay service electronic keys?

wrote in message
On Monday, 8 July 2019 14:38:18 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Better would be to put the property onto a standard credit tariff.

That was one of my thoughts. ~20p day standing charge and ~13.6p/kWh
is that bad?

Actually no, the key meters are cheaper for the power co to use than the
old coin or card payment meters, and they're under pressure to be seen to
not exploit vulnerable people. Also, electricity tariffs are now capped,
so prepay isn't really any more expensive than most standard variable
tariffs.

British Gas standard tariff on direct debit is 18.321p per kWh, 23.523p
per day, so you're quite a lot cheaper than that If that's what you're
paying on Bulb Prepay. Bulb don't list a prepay tariff on their site.
Maybe it's the same as DD.

The drawback is the credit running out when the property is unoccupied
(which I assume a probate property is) and the freezer flooding, etc.

Why would you leave a freezer in a probate property full of food?

I assure you, it's a real turn off to prospective purchasers

tim