Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Netbook, back again

On 08/07/2019 13:19, ss wrote:
But as usual we dont know amything about the notebook other than its
an asus, becaiuse the originalÂ* poster hasn't deigned to tell us.

It is an Asus Eee PC 1001P running win xp.

which service pack?, needs to be 2 or 3 to get WPA.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/Eee_PC_...Desk_Download/

has a series of latest drivers for that including the wifi driver.

However it does look like you can go into windows networking and select
which protocol to use

I just fired up XP in my virtial box and went to control panbel and tild
it to set up a new wifi connection. It gave me the (unticked) option of
using WPA (WPA-2 is only available with service pack 3 which is too big
for a netbook really)

So I suggest that you delete existing wifi connections and use the
wizard to set up a new one, ticking the WPA box and using the SSID and
password on your router when asked

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell