Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Funicular railway power question

In message , Roger Hayter
writes
Tim+ wrote:

Snip

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You call it "basic" but it's knowledge needed by 0.01% of the population I
would hazard. I guess the education system I went though didn't see it as
important.

Of course I could spend time reading up on it but without any need to
understand it it any depth at all, I prefer to do other things with my
time.

Hands up every DIYer here who dabbles with three phase power?

Tim

Please Sir, I've got a 1hp variable frequency three phase inverter for a
lathe motor. I had to think hard about the connections.

My house is supplied with 3 phase.

Outbuildings and workshop equipment mostly use 3 phase. One day I'll get
round to converting my centre lathe back to 3ph so I can use the
reversing switch!

--
Tim Lamb