Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Anybody ever painted a phone?

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 11:52:20 AM UTC-7, wrote:
There was a wall mount phone made back in the 60s called the "Space
Saver". I really like these phones and have looked for a long time for
a pastel green one.

Yow, is that a DIAL phone?

It's a good idea to use that Krylon paint (Fusion?) intended for plastic,
and removing the shell before painting will help. I'd consider a
water-wash (and maybe add some dishwasher detergent or a teaspoon
of lye to the wash water, to get the inevitable fingerprints off),
followed by a long air-dry (give it a couple of days) before
painting, and start with an opaque (aluminum would be good) light
color undercoat before the pastel final coat. Spray paint coverage
will make it look blotchy otherwise.

Does your telephone exchange still accept dial phone input? I've not
seen such in use in the recent decades.