Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 07/07/2019 19:34, Jack98 wrote:

"ss" wrote in message
On 07/07/2019 10:43, Andy Burns wrote:
Jethro_uk wrote:

I vaguely recall the previous thread.
Have you got any devices using WiFi with this router working *as I
type* ?

Remembering the previous thread, is the "dodgy" laptop the only
device running WinXP?

No, most are but I also have a laptop rarely used that has xp and
works ok.

XP can be very unhelpful error message wise when the problem
is as basic as the password failing because you have failed to
save it in the router and the router has been power cycled.

On one of my XP laptops, it is necessary to run services.msc
from command.com and then page down to turn on networking.
Sorry, can't remember the exact details because it's under
a great pile of junk at the moment.