Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Funicular railway power question

On 6 Jul 2019 23:12:36 GMT, Marland wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petit_train_de_la_Rhune

I think you mean a rack Railway using cogs on a toothed Rail between
the running rails.

He does, you can see the rack very clearly in the pictures on
wonkypedia.

Had me confused as funiculars are passive not electrically powered.
Two cars llinked via a rope going round a wheel at the top. Make the
one at the top heavier than the one at the bottom (commonly done by
adding water to a tank in the top car and letting the water out of
the lower) and gravity does the rest.

There are rope hauled "inclined elevators / lifts" that are powered
but at a stationary winch not in the car.

With pure 3 phase (ie only the three phases no "neutral") the voltage
between the phases is relative to each phase. Bonding one (only one!)
to earth doesn't affect these relative voltages.

--
Cheers
Dave.