Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Amazon, TV remotes and DIY

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 22:40:25 +0100
Steve Walker wrote:

Way back around 2001, we had an HP Ipaq with a GPS receiver sleeve

I have a slightly newer one that has the GPS built in - great little
devices for the time.

(it cost around a £900 IIRC. One of the apps on it was a remote
control (Nevo I think), which could be set up for whatever you needed.

I have often thought that it is a great pity that mobile phones
dropped the IR transmitter. There is so much that you could use that
for.

You can get USB or Bluetooth IR transmitters to use with phones that
don't have IR built in (a few still do, I think).