Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Funicular railway power question

On 06/07/2019 21:53, Vir Campestris wrote:
Why would they be? If the rails were earthed...

a three phase supply doesnt have to have each limb symmetrical with
respect to earth.

Consider a star or delta transformer with one phase earthed.

I just spent ten minutes trying to check you out - and failed. I can't
find anything saying that in either English or French.

???

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...ansformer.html

One of the few other such systems is the Jungfraubahn, which I went on a
couple of years ago. I'm damn sure there isn't a live rail - I walked
across the track - so your guess must be correct.

Or you have a source I couldn't find!

Andy

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."