Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Amazon - deep down are they rip-off merchants?

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 16:42:29 +0100
"tim..." wrote:

1) It's too easy to compare the price with eBay

eBay is usually my first port of call, I still quite often forget that
I should check also Amazon because they're occasionally cheaper.

2) people don't go into Amazon for a packet of biscuits and come out
a basketful of other stuff whilst they were there. They just buy the
packet of biscuits

Unless the items they want turn out to be top-up items, so they think
"well I've been meaning to buy this [item costing over £20] so I might
as well ..."