Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Need condensatori or capacitor for mini max bandsaw

On 7/6/2019 6:14 PM, Terry wrote:
I have a 230 volt single phase 1.8 hp mini max S45 band saw and am looking for
a capacitor the name plate on the motor says its a 35 MF but I have not been
able to find that number on the comar sites I have visited ( Comar is the mfg.
of the capacitor. Can anybody help?

Is it something like this or does it have only two connections? Finding a
capacitor should be relatively trivial but, in my experience, finding one
that fits perfectly in the provided space can be tricky.

If you can examine (carefully,with the mains disconnected!) the existing
capacitor and can find the manufacturers name and model your work should be
simple.