Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Need condensatori or capacitor for mini max bandsaw

On 7/6/2019 5:49 PM, Markem wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 22:14:01 +0000, Terry
m wrote:

I have a 230 volt single phase 1.8 hp mini max S45 band saw and am looking for
a capacitor the name plate on the motor says its a 35 MF but I have not been
able to find that number on the comar sites I have visited ( Comar is the mfg.
of the capacitor. Can anybody help?

So you are looking for 35 Milli Farad capacitor, voltage rating is
also important, do you have the owners manual? motor manufacturer? Is
the voltage rating on the capacitor?

Digikey would probably have a cap that would work
https://www.digikey.com/

Look also for 35 uf, 35 mfd or 35 mf in the voltage range needed. Don't
work about the brand name. Carefully remove the leads from the existing
capacitor, short out the terminals to discharge it. Measure it and
compare its size to the ones you find advertised.

If you cannot do this, don't mess with it further. Get someone who
knows what they are doing to make the repair.