Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] gopalansampath@gmail.com is offline

Default Why would a gas boiler make soot?

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 9:47:05 AM UTC+10, wrote:
The analyzer is actually called a flue gas analyzer not and oxygen analyzer. A half decent one costs about $4500 CAD.

Second of all there is no guarantee that the €śspeeder jets€ť are blocked because there is a hundred different styles of burners. They all dont have spreader jets.

As a 20 industrial boiler technician Ill say soot usually comes from
- poor combustion air/ or a negative pressure in the room that the boiler sits in
- a dirty of damaged burner. (Most new residential high efficiency boilers use a mesh grill, so its probably not damaged.
- newer high efficiency boiler use zero governing gas valves. These valves mix the air and gas. So a faulty one of these would cause your boiler to soot up for sure(I think your engineer fixed the problem)

Last but not least, if the flame is blue, I doubt youre still sooting. However the boiler more than likely modulates and the flame could be blue at %75 but yellow at %10 so you really need to check the flame in %10 increments

Nice! You have proved that general public knowledge is 90% polluted.
Free commentators pls refrain from speculation on deadly stuff like CO!