Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Dry lining boxes in the floorboards

On 02/07/2019 22:49, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 July 2019 20:48:06 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Sorry just realised you said Appleby.

The modification for your needs is shown in this picture.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Appelbymod.jpg

The right hand lug in the picture had been modified (in this case) with
toe nail clippers. Two small snips and it is done.

Whilst a bit fiddlier to do, it is better to trim the white bits from the box as this then allows the locking tabs to still function. Nothing more annoying than inadvertently pushing the lugs away when trying to insert the screws!

Personally I would have bought dry liners that would have worked with a
deeper finish. But then I already knew that.

However I learnt that lesson a long time ago in exactly the same way the
OP learnt his.....

--
Adam