Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default 13A sockets useless for charging electric cars?

wrote in :

On 03/06/2019 15:20, DerbyBorn wrote:
wrote in :

https://www.zap-map.com/charge-point...ectors-speeds/

I hadn't realised that the car takes AC.. How does it work with 3phase
?

There isn't much tech info available but my guess is that there's the
usual 3-phase rectifier to a DC bus and then an inverter to generate
whatever is needed to charge the battery. I vaguely recall that the HV
battery in my car operates at 130V, but I can't find the info to confirm
that.

3Phase leads at an external installation? What could go wrong?