Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer is offline

Default Amazon - deep down are they rip-off merchants?

wrote in message ...
On 03/07/2019 18:44, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer"
wrote
in message ...
Been a regular customer of Amaxon for a couple of years
and paying extra for their next day free postage prime service.

But why do the costs of items under prime seem to exceed the
cost when not prime and paying for postage? You can fool
all of the people some of the time?

But I digress.

Needed a replacement controller for a Humax HDR1100S PVR.

Arrives the next day after ordering, today.

But there's no button to look at list of recordings.

So not compatible as advertised. Time to put before trading standards?

So, try to set up item return. But at £17 for the purchase, all
options are going to cost half of that in timeÂ* and money.
Why couldn't they just pick it up themselves?

Next difficulty - well nigh impossible to find an email address
to complain to Amazon. All menu options keep steering back to
the return item screen which is no good; at least 10 mile round trip
and cost of packaging to resolve.

This is the first and only time I've wanted to send something back
and the frustration of trying to work into their shilly shallying
on the matter is sufficient to lose me as a customer.

I hate amazon more than I hate ebay .......

Actually the problem has been resolved via an email from a 3rd party
(Thank-you, mate) and I have instructed Amazon
NOT to refund me.

On the remote controller is a menu button (of which I was unaware
never having used it before on the original remote)

you never access the menu option on your STB

How did you tune it in in the first place?

and do you really just accept all the default settings and never want to
change them?

If there was ever a need to set it up when purchased, then it is lost in
the mists of time.

When tryiing out all the buttons on the replacement remote, I had
pressed the menu button but it just seemed to be a duplicate of the
TV Guide button, and the lis of options at the side did not register
with me.

and access to
the recordings is via a menu option.

It always was, but it's a **** solution

No. On the two older controllers, one had a button marked Recordings and
the other a button marked Media. It was never necessary to investigate
a menu.

getting one key access to the recording list has to be one of the top
most used 10 keys

Not having a key to do it instead of a function that is number 50 in the
list is an awful decision

But it would have been helpful
for a note to be included to cover the missing button)

It would be a million times better if the button wasn't missing

tim