Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are cemamic knives really sharp?

On 7/3/2019 5:44 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 14:34:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 03 Jul 2019 10:22:14 -0300, Shadow
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 16:42:12 -0400, micky
wrote:

Are cemamic knives really sharp?

Are some sharper than steel knives, like this ad says?

https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Knife...-search&sr=8-5

"The sharpness of our ceramic knife is 10 times than ordinary kitchen
knives,"?

"Ordinary kitchen knives" are not sharp at all, unless you
sharpen them. If I left sharpening to the wife they'd barely cut
through a banana, and I'd be forced into a life of decadent
vegetarianism.
[]'s

Maybe there is some difference in how we interpret "ordinary kitchen
knife".

I'm sure those knife sets that are sold are already sharpened.

I bought 3 large knives at a yard sale 10 or 20 years ago. I don't even
take care of them and they're still sharp.

Every few years I buy a paring knife at the supermarket. They're still
sharp, just not quite as sharp, when I buy a new one.

Most people don't know what a sharp knife is until they use one that a
chef or meat cutter uses every day.

Few people have a steel to keep them in shape too. Even fewer know how
to properly use one.