Harry K

Default Figuring loads / block & tackle theory

wrote in message ...
Harry K wrote:
Don't bother, he won't believe you but just to prove it -again- I just
re-ran the experiment. Bucket weighed 26 lbs this time

scale reads 26 (taa daa!)
I\
I \
I \
I \
I \
I \
I \
bucket anchor
26 lb

Again he won't believe it and refuses to do the same experiment

You are either lying, or you've tied off the rope to the scale and the
anchor isn't doing anything, or possibly you don't have the scale in the
right place.

So do the test yourself, I am neither lying nor had the rope tied off
wrong. It was actually tied pretty close to the diagram, i.e.,
vertical to hook and some angle off to side (bench vice)

Are you another one that refused to do a simple 1 minute test?

The scale will read 52 lbs assuming it's between the hook and the rope,
and the rope is free to slide such that it needs to be tied off.

Try it yourself!

Harry K