Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Falling GPS in car alarm

On 03/07/2019 13:15, Simon Mason wrote:
I have a Garmin Nuvicam in my car which is attached to the windscreen with a sucker. On very hot and sunny days, the sucker dries out and the GPS falls into the car setting off the alarm.

Does anyone know of an alternative fluid that one can use to attach the sucker that would not dry out on hot glass?

Back in the '70s my father used a Retrovisor when towing the caravan. It
was attched to the car by suckers on the roof and the windscreen. It
stayed on a lot better with a smear of gelatine instead of just wetting
the suckers.

These days a silicone oil would probably do the job.

SteveW