Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Are cemamic knives really sharp?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 3 Jul 2019 10:08:12 -0400, Bod F
wrote:

On 7/2/2019 4:42 PM, micky wrote:
Are cemamic knives really sharp?

Are some sharper than steel knives, like this ad says?

https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Knife...-search&sr=8-5

"The sharpness of our ceramic knife is 10 times than ordinary kitchen
knives,"?

Some people destroy their knives within minutes of taking them out of the box.

The proper way to cut with a knife is with light downward pressure and a back and forth sawing action.

If you slam it into the cutting board (like the TV chefs), you'll distort or roll the cutting edge. Then you have to resharpen.

Interesting.

When I was in high school my brother was in med school. He was cutting
a tomato and the topic came up, so he showed my mother and me how he was
taught to cut a kidney. What you said plus after going part way down,
to flip it over and cut from the other side, so that the knife didn't
hit the surface and damage the knife.

He used to hide disgusting things under his bed. One was a greasy paper
bag that I think he said had part of an arm in it. I'm not going to
look. We shared a bedroom but he was good enough not to open the bag
when I was nearby.