Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are cemamic knives really sharp?

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 06:31:37 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:21:35 AM UTC-4, badgolferman wrote:
micky wrote:

Are cemamic knives really sharp?

Are some sharper than steel knives, like this ad says?

https://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Knife...-search&sr=8-5

"The sharpness of our ceramic knife is 10 times than ordinary kitchen
knives,"?

I really don't know or have any experience with ceramic knives, but I
wonder if they are so good why don't we see butchers and other food
professionals using them?

Brittle and easy to break would be one good reason.

Probably the best reason to avoid them.
If you drop your trendy ceramic knife on your trendy granite counter
top you will have trendy Picasso art.