Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ben@blaukopf.com is offline

Default Fuse Upgrade: how to upgrade the tails from the meter.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:50:18 PM UTC+1, Robin wrote:
I want to upgrade the incoming fuse to 100A ready for switch from gas to
electric oven and hob + better electric shower.

I know UKPN will do the fuse, and my supplier (EDF) should be able to do
the 16mm tails /to/ the meter. My problem is bloody BG fitted an
isolator with 16mm tails from the meter. (Despite me having my 25mm
tails ready and waiting to run from the isolator to the CU.) And
everyone tells me I'm supposed to get an electrician to do the tails
/from/ the meter.

When I did my CU change, I fitted an isolator, and got EDF to do a disconnect (for the old CU) and reconnect (to the isolator). IIRC I provided some tails already attached to the isolator, and they did the rest.

I didn't ask the ins and outs of who was supposed to do what - I did the bits attached to my side, and didn't touch any seals. The guy who turned up did the rest.