Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clutch failure?

In article s,
Bill wrote:
Where I suspected a resonant frequency of the DMF flywheel masses and
springs, the effect was - for example - when waiting to turn right
across traffic, a gap appears and you let the clutch in sharply, there
is a bang and the engine stops dead. I wonder if there is some damping
on the springs which can fail.

On most cars if you try to move off very fast with a lot of steering lock,
it will tend to spin a wheel. Could it be some form of traction control
cutting in?

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.