Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clutch failure?

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Scott wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:

The Micra does too if you plug an OBD-II dongle into it.

Actually, I have done that. It never occurred to me that it could
detect a mechanical failure such as a clutch.

I doubt it does.

Cars with flappy-paddles monitor the pressure and temperature of
multiple valves in the mechatronics unit that operates the clutches.

Which type of box with flappy paddles? Some conventional torque converter
auto boxes have those.

But the synchromesh type have multi plate wet clutches, hydraulically
operated. More chance of getting a reading of sorts from that than a
typical clutch. As in a Micra.

--
*Frankly, scallop, I don't give a clam

Dave Plowman London SW