Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Drooping Ceiling Paper

What about double sided tape?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 3 July 2019 00:27:33 UTC+1, Al wrote:
Hi,

During the warmer humid weather we get during the summer months, I find
the embossed ceiling paper in the lounge and bedrooms tends to sag a bit
in places. It won't be much longer before a strip comes off altogether.
The easiest way to fix this would be to tease the loose ends away and
downwards, then paste the *ceiling* and use a brush to press the paper
back in position. It would be much better to do this before it peels away
completely as I'll never get it precisely in the right place again. It
was done by a pro 7 years ago and I don't have that skill.
Will the method above (pasting the ceiling instead of the paper) work OK
or is there some issue I've overlooked here?

TIA

IME trying to restick wallpaper back on fails.
For the paste to work, it depends on the paper being porous to let the
paste dry out.
The residue of old paste on the paper stops it from drying out.
So short of using some "permanent" glue, I've been reduced to using
drawing pins.
(Permanent glues make it hard to replace the paper.)