Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Drooping Ceiling Paper

On 03/07/2019 06:48, harry wrote:

IME trying to restick wallpaper back on fails.
For the paste to work, it depends on the paper being porous to let the paste dry out.
The residue of old paste on the paper stops it from drying out.
So short of using some "permanent" glue, I've been reduced to using drawing pins.
(Permanent glues make it hard to replace the paper.)

Curiously, I've had a lot of success using Pritt Sticks. It's the sort
of glue that's used in offices, and it's solid so drying is not such an
issue. It has excellent 'grab'.

It's quite expensive for large areas, but you may find you just need a
few dabs in the middle plus a careful application round the edges.

HTH