Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Clutch failure?

On 01/07/2019 23:11, Fredxx wrote:
On 01/07/2019 22:45, Steve Walker wrote:

I'd say that if you've got a problem at 70,000 miles, it's likely that
the previous owner slipped it a lot or there's some other mechanical
problem that is either causing the problem directly or has caused wear
to the clutch.

If the car has done a lot of urban miles, then I'll be less surprised of
failure at 70k miles.

Yes. Clutch life is very variable, depending on usage and style of
driving. Anything over 70K is fair gaime, but many people get much, much
more.