SteveB

Default Outdoor Burglar Alarm

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1901435597.3820.09.3103026.1553187102.RIMEGat ...
Robert:

RE I act as caretaker for a family's weekend/vacation beach house. The

place
RE is a magnet for break-ins, and I'm looking for some solutions.
snip
RE -- What I really think is needed is a motion-detector connected to the

alar

RE aimed at that landing. There are lots of outdoor motion-detector

switches
RE for security lights, but I haven't seen any for alarm systems - can

someone
RE point me to one? The location is outside, but relatively sheltered -

it
RE won't be rained on, but will be subject to salt spray (motion detector
RE lights typically don't last very long around here).

A few half-baked thoughts come to mind. A others have indicated,
motion detectors can be activated with false triggers such as animals,
debris blowing by, and even shrubbery/tree branches blowing in the
breeze. If a motion detector would work, you could put a socket
adapter in where the bulb normally goes, plug in an extension cord to
an X-10-type device which uses a 120v input. The X-10 would then
'trip' the house alarm.

Another option would be to use a door/window sensor on the door frame
-- perhaps several in series to arm for various break-in methods.

Not sure how to take care of the salt spray corrosion problem -- may
just have to replace the sensor devices annually?

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Amish bumper sticker: Caution! Do not step in exhaust!
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

three words .......... black ......... parachute ........ cord ...........

Strung at various heights. Works good. You can tie one end to a metal
garbage can for effect. Or a stack of something.

Steve