Betsy

Default Comments about front-load washing machines

I haven't had any luck with my Neptune, which is just about 2 years old and
has broken twice. The first time, the circuit board needed replacing. It
was free, but the labor wasn't! The second time he wasn't able to diagnose
the problem. I believe I still paid for that visit.

It also doesn't clean clothes nearly as well. I've tried several types of
detergents with similar results. The only way to get them really clean and
clean smelling is to run the extended cycle, thus negating any water
savings. Which, being a "greenie", is why I bought it.

Had I the money to do it again, I'd buy one of the new Whirlpools with the
new type agitation.

"ns" wrote in message
Hello all,

Posted here as recommended in another news group: Could you please share
with us/me (personal replies are welcome to , if you feel that
the group will not benefit), your experience in buying and using

front-load
(as opposed to top-load with an agitator)?

Any comment is appreciated:
1. What make/s & model/s considered?
2. Where bought?
3. What machine was chosen? Make, model
4. User experience?
5. Need for care plan? (the extended warranty)
6. Any other tidbit/s, rebate/s, etc
7. Did the energy consumption agree with the label?
8. Typical got-ya in operating the washer (I'm familiar with the
sock-in-the-rubber-seal)
9. If you currently own one, and had some service/reliability issue/s,
please elaborate

My plan is to make the purchase within the next week or so, in order to

take
advantage of the provincial PST rebate (OK, I just disclosed that I'm
located in Ontario )) ).

I've tried to use Consumers reports (last they reported was August 2003),
but found it to be very generic, not very informative, and no description

of
how testing was done (what was the base line).

Thanks in advance to all who reply.