Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Does the macadem road surface have a great effect on tire wear?

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 2:19:13 PM UTC-4, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 14:09:54 -0700 (PDT), Thomas wrote:

It is the reason for wear. If you never turned all 4 tires would wear evenly.
I never turn the wheels in park. Pure friction.
I only start to turn when in motion. I actually think about it.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the advice to "not turn", which, well, which might be a little
problematic, given that this is a typical turn where the steering wheel
goes from lock to lock at a reasonably steep incline.
https://i.postimg.cc/kGhZh80q/mount44.jpg

I only meant to say do not turn while parked. I bet you can wear out a new fron set in a day if you tried. Sometimes there is no choice such as when boxed in, but when not boxed in start to roll b4 turning.
Further reading allowed me to see your question better.