Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer is offline

Default Making a marble garden table.

On 27/06/2019 11:02, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 26/06/2019 22:16, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So I need tools to work marble

diamond router bit?

Are such avialable?

can a high speed router do the job?

Marble is very soft and can be sawn with a normal
wood saw, using water as a lubricant. I used this
approach when making a marble base for a Chinese
copy of a Vibroplex Morse Key.

I certainly could not cut this with a normal wood saw. I have cut it
with a diamond bladed tile cutter. Yes its softer than sandstone but Id
say its near slate in terms of hardness.

(A friend of mine works installling marble fireplaces
and the cut-out for the fire itself is a useful
piece of scrap about a foot square)

Maybve we are talking a different type of marble here.

And maybe my memory is playing tricks, a senior moment, for about that
time I also had a block of Bath Stone which I was sawing up into
blocks to make a tunnel mouth for the 16mm garden railway.