Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Making a marble garden table.

On 26/06/2019 22:31, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Since te X Ffed off with all te decant patio furniuter - bitch - I
need a gardene table ...

Ive got lods of 12mm marble sheet. I also have a marble coffee table
that survive the winter well and pressure washes back to perfection.

My marble sheets have chipped edges here and there, and are not big
enough to make a table top without joining.

So I need tools to work marble and a frame to support it all on ...

Any creative solutions to these problems welcomed. I know that diamond
will cut it but it's too big for my little tile saw. I know that epoxy
(milliput) will join it reasonably well.

Why not let your 12mm marble into a fabricated hardwood table top?
Drilled holes for fixings are likely to be a weak point as weather/Sun
warp outdoor furniture readily.

I wouldnt drill it. Epoxy or polyester resin would glue it all together

BUT that is an intersing and decoratiove idea

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)