Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Making a marble garden table.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Since te X Ffed off with all te decant patio furniuter - bitch - I need
a gardene table ...

Ive got lods of 12mm marble sheet. I also have a marble coffee table
that survive the winter well and pressure washes back to perfection.

My marble sheets have chipped edges here and there, and are not big
enough to make a table top without joining.

So I need tools to work marble and a frame to support it all on ...

Any creative solutions to these problems welcomed.

How big a table ?though harder to find than they once were the supports for
a treadle sewing machine make good outdoor table supports.

In a rare case of fly tipping being beneficial someone dumped three in a
hedge on the family farm circa ,1969.
All were converted to outdoor tables, two using slate from an old snooker
table the third using a piece of marble counter from a former butchers.
All survive amongst various family members with the iron legs just painted
occasionally with a suitable metal paint.

Is this one in your part of the world?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Ta...-/293129945702

Throw away the naff wooden top and put your marble on it.

GH