Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Santa Sf dehumidifier

In article , says...

Interesting idea, but I think there are some potential issues.
Like I think at least some of these, they may direct the water to the
outside fan to increase the heat removal and to get rid of the water.

So they dehumidify the air then blow it out the back to rehumidify it?

No. A room AC in normal usage sends the water it condenses on the cool
inside coil to a pan at the bottom. It runs to the outside of the
house. Many of them are made so the fan on the outside coil throws the
water on the hot outside coil. There it helps cool the coil and
refrigerent in it. Then it evaportes to the outside air. Water that is
not picked up drains to the outside.

My toughts was to put it totally inside the basement, put a hole in the
collection pan and let the water go to a bucket that is then empted.

Being in a closed room either one will slightly raise the temperature
and also you must drain the water some how.